Interested in going to Youth Tour in Washington D.C.? If you attended Youth Leadership Congress (YLC) in 2022, you’re eligible to apply! Fill out the application below for your chance to go on an all-expenses paid trip to Washington D.C. to meet students from electric cooperatives across the nation. The deadline to submit the essay is Friday, September 9, 2022.
If you were elected to the YLC Youth Board for 2023 or are an alternate for the board, you are automatically sponsored to attend Youth Tour in 2023.
- The subject of the essay is “Cooperative Principles in Action.”
- Essays will be based on information presented at Youth Leadership Congress. Students are encouraged to use personal experiences to demonstrate their understanding of the value of cooperation in their lives. To learn more about the cooperative principles, click here.
- Knowledge of the subject, originality, grammar, and spelling with be factors used in judging essays.
- Only essays that are received by the due date (September 9, 2022) will be eligible to attend Youth Tour.
- Essays must be a minimum of 600 words and not more than 1,200 words.
- Students may attend Youth Tour only once. If a student attends Youth Tour sponsored by Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative, the student may not enter the essay contest again.
- Youth Tour is typically scheduled for a week in June every year. If you are sponsored by Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative to attend Youth Tour, and for any reason you are not able to attend, you MUST let Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative know by December 31, 2022.
- If you are selected to attend Youth Tour, you will be informed by September 23, 2022.