The Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative (ACEC) Loan Fund is available to finance business facilities and community development projects which create or retain jobs and increase capital investment in rural communities in rural areas. Funds are available to assist with new or expanding businesses in:
- Adams County
- Columbia County
- Dane County
- Dodge County
- Green Lake County
- Jefferson County
- Marquette County
- Portage County
- Sauk County
- Waupaca County
- Waushara County
- Wood County
This program is in conjunction with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Rural Development Authority for Rural Development and Economic Growth. The economic success of businesses and the communities in ACEC’s service area is very important. When it comes to maintaining and ensuring local quality of life, relationships and partnerships are the key. Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative and our community partners work together when it comes to community and economic development. We want our communities and businesses to grow, not just exist. As ACEC invests in its local communities, we are investing in the future of all our members as well as the cooperative.
ACEC partners with local and county officials, the USDA, Chambers of Commerce, business organizations, developers, economic development groups and other key resources in our service area to leverage funding opportunities.
For more information give us a call us at (800) 831-8629, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Funding assistance up to $250,000
- 50% of the total project cost
- Every $20,000 must be attached to a permanent full-time position
- Long-term, fixed rate, reasonable financing
- Funds complement and may be used in conjunction with other programs such as SBA, CDBG, and WHEDA
Funds May be Used for:
- Business acquisitions, construction, repair or expansion.
- Purchase and development of land, buildings, and facilities.
- Start-up costs and working capital.
- Feasibility studies or other “soft” costs.
- Businesses involved in agricultural production. (Certain commercial nursery, aquaculture, forestry, mushroom and hydroponic production operations may be exempt.)
- Transfer of ownership, except to prevent loss of jobs.
- Charitable and educational institutions, churches and fraternal organizations.
Repayment Terms and Rates:
- Loan repayment terms and interest rates are negotiated between Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative and the ultimate recipient.
- All loans must be adequately secured in accordance with the criteria as established by Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative.
- Must be unable to obtain the loan from other sources at reasonable rates and terms.
- Must meet the objectives and purposes of the program as established by Adams-Columbia.
- Must be located in a rural area or a city with a population less than 25,000.
- Must, to the maximum extent possible, recruit low income persons and displaced farm families for the new jobs created.
* Appraisals, feasibility studies and specific environmental reviews may be required prior to funding decisions. Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To learn more, visit our Non-Discrimination page.