Applicant hereby applies for membership in and agrees to purchase electric energy from Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative (hereinafter called the “Cooperative”), upon the following terms and conditions:
- The Applicant will pay a membership in the amount of $5.00. Each Applicant is allowed one membership only.
- This application together with the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws of the Cooperative (available at www.acecwi.com), and such rules, regulations, and policies as may from time to time be adopted by the Board of Directors or management of the Cooperative constitutes a contractual agreement between the Applicant and the Cooperative. The Applicant agrees to comply with and be bound by all of those provisions.
- The Applicant will purchase from the Cooperative all electric energy for use on the premises described on the application except for that generated by Applicant’s own equipment, and will pay, therefor, monthly or as otherwise scheduled, rates to be determined from time to time in accordance with the policies of the Cooperative.
- The Applicant hereby consents to the entry by the Cooperative upon the Applicant’s land to construct, reconstruct, re-phase, operate, repair, maintain, relocate, or replace thereon or under the surface thereof all appropriate poles, cable, wire, or other attachments, equipment, accessories, or appurtenances necessary or appropriate for the distribution of electric energy and communication services to the Applicant’s premises and the premises of other members, existing or future, under reasonable terms and conditions determined by the Cooperative. The Cooperative shall have the right to enter upon and use the right-of-way granted here, without charge, in consideration of the benefits Applicant will receive from the Cooperative’s similar use of rights-of-way provided by its other members for the construction and operation of its system. Applicant also consents to execute and deliver to the Cooperative, upon the Cooperative's request, an easement on the Cooperative's standard form, evidencing the rights conveyed here over Applicant’s property at the Service Address described above. All lines, meters, and property entrances must be accessible to the Cooperative.
- For new services requiring a work order, upon the Cooperative having installed electric facilities necessary to serve the member, the Cooperative has the right to commence billing the monthly facility charge after thirty (30) days, even if the member has not yet requested a meter be set.
- The Applicant hereby grants a security interest in the future patronage capital of the Applicant, as set forth in the Cooperative Bylaws.
- The Cooperative shall at all times have the right to license, permit, or otherwise agree to the joint use and occupancy of the easement by any other person, association, or corporation for electrification, telephone, or cable television purposes without the necessity of obtaining the Applicant’s consent.
- Operation Round-Up® is a voluntary program which gives members of Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative the opportunity to support local projects and charities with small change. Adams-Columbia will “round up” the electric bill of participating members to the next highest dollar amount. Example: If your light bill were $41.20 or $41.95, it would be rounded up to $42.00, and the additional amount would go into a trust fund. (The average cost per member will be about $6 per year.)
- The Cooperative, at its own discretion, may retire (remove) any idle facilities as defined in the Cooperative Service Rules and Regulations.