Rural Energy Savings Program
Do you have energy efficiency projects that you’ve put on the back-burner for your home or business? Then our new Rural Energy Savings Program (RESP) loan is for you!
You can apply for low-interest loans to implement cost-effective, energy efficiency measures on your home. We are partnering with MSA Professional Services to administer the loan program.
Interest rates as low as 3% for up to 10 years. Member is responsible for 5% of the loan amount upfront. $7,500 minimum loan.
Here’s what qualifies for this loan:
- Lighting Improvements (residential and commercial)
- HVAC Systems
- Building Envelope Improvements
- Water Heaters
- Compressed Air Systems
- Boilers, Dryers, Heaters and process related equipment
- Energy Audits
- On or Off Grid Renewable Energy Systems
- Energy Storage Devices
- Energy Efficient Appliance Upgrades
- Irrigation or Water and Waste Disposal System Efficiency Improvements
- Other Activities and investments directly related to Energy Efficiency Implementation
For a network of trade allies, visit https://focusonenergy.com/trade-ally/find
Here’s how our RESP Loan Program works:
- Member submits completed RESP Loan Application to MSA.
- After the completed application and required documents are received, a credit check will be run. MSA will then mail the member a loan approval or denial letter.
- If loan is approved, member will receive approval letter along with any other required documents.
- Member is responsible for submitting any additional documentation back to MSA.
- Once MSA has received all required documents, MSA will schedule the loan closing and be in contact with member for any other information.
- After loan closing, member schedules work to be performed with the Contractor.
- Member submits payment request and any other required documents to MSA.
MSA will be in contact with the member every step of the way and can answer any questions that arise.
RESP Loan Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Please keep in mind that a home energy assessment may need to be completed as well as additional paperwork. We have partnered with MSA to implement this program. Equal Opportunity Provider, USDA funded program.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (800) 831-8629.