- Funding assistance up to $150,000 or 75% of the total project cost.
- Long-term, fixed rate, reasonable financing.
- Funds complement and may be used in conjunction with other programs such as SBA, CDBG, and WHEDA.
Funds May be Used for:
- Business acquisitions, construction, repair or expansion.
- Purchase and development of land, buildings and facilities.
- Start-up costs and working capital.
- Feasibility studies or other “soft” costs.
- Businesses involved in agricultural production. (Certain commercial nursery, aquaculture, forestry, mushroom and hydroponic production operations may be exempt.)
- Transfer of ownership, except to prevent loss of jobs.
- Charitable and educational institutions, churches and fraternal organizations.
Repayment Terms and Rates:
- Loan repayment terms and interest rates are negotiated between Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative and the ultimate recipient.
- All loans must be adequately secured in accordance with the criteria as established by Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative.
- Must be unable to obtain the loan from other sources at reasonable rates and terms.
- Must meet the objectives and purposes of the program as established by Adams-Columbia.
- Must be located in a rural area or a city with a population less than 25,000.
- Must, to the maximum extent possible, recruit low-income persons and displaced farm families for the new jobs created.
* Appraisals, feasibility studies and specific environmental reviews may be required prior to funding decisions.