May 20, 2020
We will be reopening the lobby at our Friendship office on Tuesday, May 26!
Thank you to all member, vendors, and visitors for your patience the past two months and for working through this difficult time with us. We’re so glad to see that our members have taken advantage of the multiple payment options we offer along with the ways to contact our office.
We encourage members to still take advantage of these options:
- Use our night drop boxes at each of our offices.
- Online payment methods (PayNow, Auto Pay, SmartHub).
- Mail in your payment to ACEC, PO Box 70, Friendship, WI 53934.
- Call us at (800) 831-8629 or email us at email@example.com whenever possible.
By utilizing these payment and contact options, you will help us minimize the risk of COVID-19.Here are some of the precautions we will be taking as well:
- We will be disinfecting surfaces, door handles, credit card machines and anything touched after every use.
- Hand sanitizer is available for everyone to use.
- We have plexiglass installed and will ask that payments and any other paperwork be set down instead of directly handing information to our employees.
For helpful resources for members and small businesses, click here.
March 25, 2020
What the Governor’s Safer At Home Order means for ACEC members:
- We are considered an “Essential Infrastructure” as defined by Emergency Order #12 – Safer At Home Order. We will continue to provide electric service to our members without any changes.
- Our lobby at our Friendship office is closed until further notice.
- Departments are working on keeping a safe distance from others and this includes some employees working from home.
We have postponed our Craft and Cork event until further notice. We will be in contact with all members who have registered for the event as we plan and reschedule this event. We will also be postponing our Electronic Recycling event that was scheduled to take place in June. Although this event is a couple months away, our priority is to be there for our members, and we want to make the transition back to our normal operations as seamless as possible when the time comes. Be sure to watch our Facebook page and website for updates.
ACEC understands the hardship many of our members may face amid the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. During this period of uncertainty, ACEC will not disconnect members for nonpayment of their electric bills and late fees will be waived. As we transition back to normal in the coming months and this grace period ends, ACEC will work with members who are behind on their electric bills as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak to offer payment arrangements. Members are encouraged to pay what they can to avoid a large bill later. Please contact our office if you are unable to make your payment on time.
At a time where people are forced to stay home to stay healthy, we assure you that your electric service won’t change, and we plan on continuing to deliver safe, reliable electricity to our members.
- Visit our website via PayNow (need last name/business name and account number)
- Log in to SmartHub and click “Make Payment”
- Call our 24/7 payment line 1 (844) 219-1223
- Mail your payment to ACEC, PO Box 70, Friendship, WI 53934
- Drop your payment in one of our drop boxes located at our Friendship, Wautoma, and Pardeeville offices
- Enroll in Auto Pay via SmartHub
- Call (800) 831-8629 for customer service
- Call (888) 928-2232 to report a power outage
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 18, 2020
We understand that this pandemic is economically impacting families nationwide and members of Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative may experience financial hardships. Therefore, until the Public Health Emergency is lifted, we will not disconnect members for non-payment. All members are still responsible for paying their bill, but we have made this decision so that our members don’t have to worry about losing electricity when they need it most.
Remember we offer a variety of payment options to accommodate members:
▪️ Visit our website via PayNow (need last name/business name and account number)
▪️ Log in to SmartHub and click “Make Payment”
▪️ Call our 24/7 payment line 1 (844) 219-1223
▪️ Mail your payment to ACEC, PO Box 70, Friendship, WI 53934
▪️ Drop your payment in one of our drop boxes located at our Friendship, Wautoma, and Pardeeville offices
▪️ Enroll in Auto Pay via SmartHub
▪️ Call (800) 831-8629 for customer service
▪️ Call (888) 928-2232 to report a power outage
▪️ Email us at email@example.com
We will continue to monitor coronavirus pandemic and take steps in accordance with local, state and federal directives and the CDC to protect our members, employees and the public as much as possible during this time.
March 17, 2020
As the coronavirus continues to spread, here at ACEC we are taking this situation very seriously and are continuing to take precautions to protect our employees and the public. In a short summary, our lobby will be temporarily closed until further notice.
The overall wellness of our employees and members is a top priority and we need to do our part to not only keep you healthy but to keep you informed.
According to the CDC, symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to the common cold or flu. They can be mild or cause severe illness or death. Symptoms generally appear 2-14 days after exposure and include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. We recommend staying up-to-date with information from the CDC and your local government officials in regards to how you should react to COVID-19.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS WE’RE DOING:
- Employees have been instructed to wash their hands effectively and a reminder to cover their mouths with a Kleenex or the inside of their arm when coughing or sneezing.
- We’re stocked up on Lysol spray, Clorox wipes, and hand sanitizer. We’ve encouraged employees to clean/sanitize their works spaces and shared areas.
- If employees experience any symptoms of the cold or flu, we ask them to please stay home.
- We have suspended any travel and attendance of business-related conferences as well as any training and trade events.
- We are utilizing technology to conduct large meetings instead of in-person meetings whenever possible.
- Effective March 18, 2020, our lobby at our Friendship office will be temporarily closed until further notice.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS MEMBERS CAN DO:
- We encourage members to take advantage of business options that limit their exposure to illness.
- We offer a variety of payment options that you can use from home:
- Call our 24/7 IVR Payment number at 1 (844) 219-1223.
- Drop off your payment at one of our drop box locations at our Friendship, Wautoma, and Pardeeville offices.
- Mail-in your payment to ACEC, PO Box 70, Friendship, WI 53934.
- Log in to your SmartHub account and click “Make Payment”.
- Utilize our Pay Now option. All you need is your account number and last name or business name to process a one-time payment.
- Enroll in AutoPay through your SmartHub account.
- Need to contact us?
- Reach customer service at (800) 831-8629.
- Report a power outage at (888) 928-2232.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquires, questions, or concerns.
During this time, there have been no changes to your electric service or account. We are monitoring this situation closely and will keep you updated as this progresses. One thing that will not change is our commitment to responding to power outages and restoring electric service in a timely manner.
Our goal is to continue to maintain a healthy workforce so we can continue to keep key personnel available to serve you. Thank you for your patience during this time.