ACEC Energy Pros
Home Energy Assessments
What is an energy assessment?
A home energy assessment is the first step to assess how much energy your home consumes. After an assessment is conducted by a trained ACEC energy pro, recommendations will be made so that you can improve the energy efficiency and safety of your home.
Pricing/What’s included in a home energy assessment?
All Energy Assessments will follow Building Performance Institute (BPI) standards and include:
- Homeowner Interview
- Blower Door Analysis for leak detection
- Heating/Cooling Appliance Inspection
- Water Heating Evaluation
- Infrared Gun Examination
- Home Hazard Identification, Carbon Monoxide, Mold
- Combustion Safety Inspection
- Exhaust Fan Testing
- Insulation Inspection
- Detailed Report of findings, including recommendations
Click here to fill out an application for a Home Energy Assessment.
ACEC has partnered with Focus on Energy to provide financial incentives for improvements made to your home after a home energy assessment is completed.
Different financial incentives are available depending on the improvements that you make. Whole Home Improvement incentives range from $850 to $2,250. Heating and Cooling Improvement incentives range from $100 to $750.
For more information on incentives, contact ACEC or visit www.focusonenergy.com/residential
If you want to find ways to evaluate and increase the efficiency of your home on your own, these links are a great place to start.
- Use Energy Wisely (PDF)
- Use this guide to create an awareness of your lifestyle and learn what effects it can have on your energy budget and environment.
- 101 Easy Ways to Save Energy and Money (PDF)
- Do a little. Save a lot. Everything you do, no matter how small, can add up to big savings.
- Home Energy Audit
- Visit this site to find out what you can do to reduce the amount of energy you use at home, and how much money you could save.
- Whole Home Improvements
- Find out how Home Performance can help you increase the comfort and safety of your home, while decreasing your energy bill.
- Home Energy Saver
- This do-it-yourself energy audit tool will help you save money as you plan for energy efficiency upgrades. Give it a try!