Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of our members and will explain the principles of financial privacy to our members in an appropriate fashion. Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative collects, retains, and uses information about individual members only where we believe it is necessary (and allowed by law) to administer our business and to provide products, services, and other opportunities to our members. When we no longer have a use for the member's information, it will be destroyed.
- Nonpublic personal information that Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative collects:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources: information we receive from you on applications or other forms; information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Nonpublic personal information that Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative discloses and the affiliates to whom Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative discloses information in regards to current and former customers:
Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative does not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our members to anyone, except as necessary to serve the membership as approved by the board of directors, or as required by law.
- Categories of information Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative discloses and the categories of third parties with whom Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative have contracted:
We may disclose information we collect, as described above,
to companies that perform services on our behalf.
- Limiting employee access to information:
Access to personally identifiable information will be limited to those employees with a reason for knowing such information to the maximum extent practical. Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative will educate all of our employees so that they understand the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative will take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
- Protection of information via established security procedures:
Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative will maintain appropriate security standards and procedures regarding access to member information.
- Maintaining member privacy in business relationships with third parties:
If personally identifiable member information is provided to a third party (for reasons listed above), Adams-Columbia Electric Cooperative will insist that the third party adhere to similar privacy principles that provide for keeping such information confidential.